Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012

What a great way to kick off 2012! Saturday night we headed over to the Joseph's house to have dinner and ring in the new year. No, we weren't going to stay up til midnight but we did have good food, lots of laugh and fun times watching the kids play.
Colton and Caroline were just absolutely adorable with their little fat rolls and diaper apparel. We were getting them into their pj's and we could not stopping laughing and oohing and awing over these two cutie pies. Seriously we were snapping pics like crazy. They don't come much cuter than this!

Caroline was cracking me up as she was sitting up so well and just talking and carrying on. She is going to be a little spit fire and a bundle of energy I can just tell. She was rolling all over the floor and sweet little Colton was just watching her go! He will get there soon enough. He's SO close to rolling from belly to back. And he can sit in the tripod stance for a few seconds as long as he's not tired.
Will and Ryan had THE BEST time together. It's so neat to watch them interact. Not too long ago they would play with separate toys when they were together and didn't interact much. That has all changed. They were talking and laughing with each other. Running from Will's room to the master bedroom all night laughing, giggling and sweating, ha. I think Ryan had the time of his life! It was a short ride home but Ryan was talking the whole way home about Will and how much fun they had.
Colton and Caroline again! They are destined for one another! We love the Joseph crew and so thankful for the friendship!

I feel so behind with feeding Colton baby food. He has been eating rice cereal since the beginning of December but I just introduced him to peas last night for the first time, and he's six months old. You really do get lax with the second child. I would have started sooner but we had family in town right before Christmas and then Colton got sick.
I have to tell you that Colton LOVED peas! We are still working on the whole tongue thrust thing but it will come.

I had to wake him up from his evening cat nap so he could eat some peas, get a bath and drink his last bottle. He loved the peas and kept wanting more and more. About 2/3 of the way through he started getting tired and didn't want to sit up any more. I'm thinking I might start feeding him his baby food around 5pm, let him take his usual cat nap around 6 then feed him his last bottle. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

1 comment:

Healthy Branscoms said...

Your kiddos are super cute! Happy New year! :)