Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

This is pretty much how we spent most of the weekend! Lounging around the house in our pajamas. We missed church on Sunday because Ryan had a running nose and was sneezing quit a bit. I'm not sure if it was just allergies but we didn't want to infect any other kids. By late Sunday afternoon he seemed fine and no runny nose.

Saturday night we had some of our sweet neighbors over for pizza. We had a fun time and Ryan loved playing with their kids.

Colton is working his way from stage one foods. He has had peas, green beans, carrots, apples, bananas and today he had pears. He has loved all of it. I think his favorite so far has been bananas.

I planned to start sweet potatoes this week and had the ambitious idea to make my own. I had every intention of making Ryan's baby food but I never made any of it. It's honestly easier just to open a jar and go. I only have a small food processor so after I boiled the potatoes I pureed them in the processor.

It took some time and created a big mess but I hope Colton loves them.

Funny story: I made almost three ice trays worth of sweet potatoes. I started to feed Colton and he was not going for it. I realized quickly that I didn't puree them enough. So I went back and threw all the potatoes in the blender and added a lot more water. Got almost all of them pureed and I started smelling a burning smell. Uh oh! I quickly turned it off and now it won't turn back on.

Pretty sure I burned out the motor on the blender. Matt makes spinach and fruit smoothies about every other day and he's never had a problem. I try to make baby food and I break the blender. Oops! Looks like I will be getting a new blender for valentine's day! Ha!

I loved spending some one on one time with this little bundle of joy this morning while Ryan was a mother's day out. We laughed and giggled and played!

No comments: