Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day in the Life

I don't think I've posted about our day to day life since Colton was born. I want to document what our typical day looks like for my own memories and so our families can see what we do every day.

This morning Colton woke up at 5am crying. I went in to give him his paci and he went back to sleep pretty quickly. He sleep for about an hour and woke up again at 6am. He fell back asleep for about 20 minutes. I went ahead and fed him his bottle. Most mornings I feed Colton his first bottle in our bed while watching the Today Show. After he finished his bottle we enjoyed some snuggle time in the bed before I had to get up and get ready.

We were going to the gym today so I got up at 8am to change for the gym and get Ryan up. I got Ryan up and changed his clothes then we went downstairs to get him breakfast. I changed Colton, took the dogs outside and fed them. I got our stuff ready to leave and we were out the door by 9am.

(Ryan sucking his thumb and watching Bambi 2! His pj's are his security blanket)

I went to my cardio resistence class while the boys went to the gym childcare. I was done by 10:45 and headed home. I picked up chick-fil-A for lunch. We got home around 11:15 and I put Colton down for his morning nap. I got Ryan his lunch and sat down to eat a little myself.

After lunch we watched Bambi 2. I just picked it up yesterday at Target. Every time we saw the commercial on tv Ryan would say "bambi, bambi". I thought he would like it. He watched intensely for the first 30 minutes then he brought me remote and said "Bambi off"! Ha! We watched a little more then it was time for Ryan's nap. I put him down for his nap then got Colton up to eat.

I fed Colton his 1pm bottle while I caught up on some DVR. After his bottle we played on the floor and did some tummy time. He holds his head up SO well. He is getting so big! While he was doing tummy time I did some cleaning and vacuuming in the same room with him.

I put him back down at 2pm for his afternoon nap. He went down pretty well and I jumped in the shower. I am ashamed to say that I don't get my quiet time in every day. It's so hard for me to get up early before the kids and do it and if I workout during their afternoon nap I barely get in a workout and shower before they are up. The days I do do my quiet time it us usually during nap time. There is no excuse and I am trying to get back into spending time with the Lord. I SO need it!

I threw some laundry in the wash. I do our laundry every Wednesday and Saturday. I do towels both days and bed sheets on Saturday. I do the boys laundry about every 1 to 2 days. I had a couple minutes to sit down at the computer before the boys got up.

Ryan woke up around 3 from his nap but I didn't go in to get him til after 4pm. I hardly ever get him before 4pm. I got him his juice and we played with his little people farm and his alphabet puzzle. I got Colton up at 4:45 to drink his bottle. Sweet boy took his whole bottle then fell asleep on my shoulder. He was still so tired and slept on my shoulder for an hour. Ryan and I did puzzles and read books until Matt came home at 6pm.

We were having leftover spaghetti so I started dinner and got Ryan's dinner ready. He was having pears, grilled chicken and green peas. For the third night in a row he refused to eat his dinner (only took about 3 bits). I refuse to feed him chicken nuggets or hot dogs every night so if he doesn't eat what we are having or what I fix then he doesn't eat. He won't starve and will eat when he's hungry. So frustrating!


After dinner I cleaned up the kitchen while Matt spent time and played with the boys. We watched Wheel of Fortune together. Ryan loves to call out to letters and loves when Matt yells out the puzzle. Matt fed Colton his last bottle at 7:30 then it was time for bed at 8pm. Every other night I give Colton a bath after his 7:30 bottle then put him to bed. Matt gives Ryan his bath, reads him a few books then puts him to bed.

After we put the kids to bed we come down and pick up toys, wash bottles and finish cleaning up the kitchen. Usually by 9 I collapse on the couch and get a chance to blog, catch up on blogs and watch mindless tv. Ha!

We try to get to bed by 10pm but that doesn't happen alot. I'm still giving Colton his dream feed at night so I will usually do that around 10:30pm. I'm hoping we can drop the dream feed soon. We usually turn the lights out and hit the sack around 11pm until the next morning when we do it all over again!

No comments: