Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Clean-out

Today I decided we needed to clean out Ryan's closet and dresser and pack up some stuff we don't use or he's outgrown. It was one of the hottest days of the year so it was a perfect day to stay inside and get some housework done.
I packed up blankets, burb clothes, bibs, pajamas and Ryan's 9 month and winter clothes. I filled this box and about half of another box. I can't believe all the stuff I packed away.
I was SO glad to get rid of these bad boys. As you can see these bibs have seen better days. They are stained and some are falling apart. These were our "staying home" bibs. I am throwing these away and will just buy news ones for our next baby. I did save his "going out" bibs.
Ryan was helping me pack up the boxes. I'm always worried I'm going to forget about an outfit he has and by the time I find it he will have outgrown it. It's nice and necessary to go through his closet periodically and reorganize. He is in size 12-18 month clothes right now and I'm pretty sure he will stay in that size for the remainder of the summer.

It felt like a productive day. I got alot of cleaning and laundry done during naptime and even made a new recipe for dinner tonight. Taco Salad - it was a big hit!

Tomorrow promises to be another scorcher so we are planning to hit the pool.

No comments: