Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Showers, Birthday Parties and a BIG Birthday


We have had a busy and fun weekend here in the Deepe household.
Our weekend started on Saturday with a 1st birthday party for Ryan's sweet friend Elizabeth.
Here is the birthday girl! We were so excited to celebrate Elizabeth's birthday with her friends and family! She is so sweet and we love hanging out with them.
And as you can see Ryan is pretty fond of her too! It's so neat to see them playing together more and more. Ryan LOVED playing with her toys which kept him thoroughly entertained the entire time.
There were so many kids there is was a nut house, ha! Ryan had so much fun with all of them. I loved watching the kids interact, especially Ryan of course. I do think we will have to start talking about sharing soon with Ryan.
The happy couple...of kids, ha!
This boy played so hard and had so much fun!
Elizabeth's mom and dad, Anissa and Richard. I love this pose at first birthday parties.
Elizabeth enjoyed mostly the icing on her cake!
Trying to get a picture of all the kids at the party...not an easy task. This was the best we could do, ha!

Saturday I also attended a baby shower for my friend Kristin who is expecting a little boy in less than a month.
All the yummy goodies at the shower!
How cute is this cupcake cake? It's a baby carriage. It thought it was so cute and creative!
We played this game where you have to figure out the chocolate candy bar melted inside the diaper! Yuck! It was hilarious watching everyone sniffing the "dirty" diapers!
We also played "name the baby food"! You would think I would be great at this game since we just went through baby foods with Ryan but I wasn't the winner.
Jamie was taste testing the baby foods, YUCK! I relied on my sniffer.
And most importantly today is Matt's 30th Birthday!!!! He said he still feels like he's 16, ha! He has had a great day with all his favorite foods, skyline chili and mexican.

We enjoyed a great dinner at Abuello's tonight with our friends. After dinner we enjoyed some birthday cake and ice cream at our house. I came across a recipe for a grapefruit cake a few weeks ago and Matt requested that for his birthday. It was ok. Not one that I would really recommend but I'm glad I tried it!

No comments: