Monday, July 19, 2010

Monkey Monday

It's the beginning of another week. The weekends go by way too fast! I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by. July will be over in just a few short days. It's been one hot summer. I know it's HOT everywhere but I would rather have the heat than the cold and snow any day!

We have less than a month til our vacation to Myrtle Beach! I sooooo can't wait. I did a little cheer today when I looked at the calendar and realized it's only a few weeks away!

Ryan absolutely loves this monkey. His Nana gave it to him for Christmas. It usually sits on a shelf by his crib. Whenever I come in Ryan's room to get him he looks up at his monkey or I will ask him "where's monkey" and he looks and reaches toward his monkey. He love his monkey and now sleeps with him. This afternoon when I went to get him after his nap I asked him "Ryan, where's your monkey?" He walked over and picked up monkey and 'loved' on him.
Ryan's definition of 'loving' his monkey is holding him close and biting his nose. Ha!
I was so excited and amazed that he knew what I said. He is getting smarter every day!

Our family room has a funny floorplan and I'm always trying to think of the best way to situate our furniture. We have one corner in the room that I just have no idea what to do with. I came across a picture in a Pottery Barn magazine that I loved and think might work well. I'm thinking about getting two of these chairs (the dark brown) and putting a side table in between them. We are shopping a couch and loveseat right now so I want to wait and see how they look first. But I really love these chairs and think they will look great and fill that space.

No comments: