Wednesday, May 19, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things!

I have a ton of friends who have either just had babies or are expecting little babies in the near future. I thought I would do a post about some of my favorite things for Ryan right now. I just got some of these bibs last week and I love them. They are so easy to clean and wipe off. I love the little catch all at the bottom of the bib. It's comfortable and compact to go in the diaper bag.
I got these cute little take along snack cups at my baby shower last year. I love them and use them every day! I put Ryan's little snacks in them including cheerios, goldfish, and yogurt melts and toss them in his diaper bag. I even keep some on the kitchen table for easy access while feeding Ryan. They are cheap, dishwasher safe and oh so convenient.
This last product has been a life saver! My friend Leah told me about when I was pregnant so I was sure to register for them. It's called an Ultimate Crib Sheet. The sheet lays over the top of the fitted sheet on the crib mattress and snaps around the rails of the crib to stay secure. It's even waterproof. The idea is if you child spits up, wets or dirties the bed you only need to change the top ultimate crib sheet. No wrestling with the mattress and that fitted sheet. This might sound gross or weird but I have never changed Ryan's fitted sheet on his matress. I have of course changed his top ultimate crib sheet. He's never wet or dirtied through his diaper onto his bed. Our biggest issue was spit up. I love this crib sheet and will continue to use it until Ryan is out of his crib. Highly recommend it!
We had a low key day today. We finally got some spring flowers to go in the pots on our porch. Now I just need to find the time to plant them. Tonight Matt was playing with Ryan and we noticed Ryan was pretty warm. He was acting whinny and tired. He also didn't like his ears being touched...yup the tell tell sign of an ear infection. Again??? Oh I hope this isn't becoming a trend. I took his temp and it was 101. So it looks like our plans for tomorrow have changed and I will be calling the doctor in the morning. Poor little baby boy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

The ultimate crib sheet is one of my very favorite things- with both kids. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Only use them in the summer b/c they get flannel in the winter, but I get so excited to be able to change a crib so fast! It's the little things...