Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Colton

My sweet C Bear, 
Two years ago I was anxiously awaiting your arrival into the world.  I had the best labor and delivery I could ask for.  My contractions were mild though my water was broken and they actually had to give me pitocin to get my contractions stronger.  That's all I needed and within a few hours you were born. 

I dreamed and wondered what in the world you would look like.  Would you look like your big brother Ryan or would you look totally different.  You came out looking just like your brother but quickly started to have your own look.  

You were, and still are, the sweetest and most lovable boy.  I couldn't believe God blessed me with two beautiful and healthy boys.  I thank God every day for you and your brother. 

At first your brother didn't pay much attention to you but after a few months he started to notice you and loved to show you things and be my helper.  Now ya'll are best friends and love playing together.  You fight and fight but at the end of the day you love each other and always hug and kiss.  You ask for each other first thing in the morning and don't like to be apart.  I pray you always have a strong bond. 

I cannot believe how much you have grown and changed since your first birthday.  You were just crawling a year ago and now you are running and I can barely keep up.  You do not stop all day and hardly sit down.  I love how you still want to sit in my lap and watch disney cartoons.  I never pass up an opportunity to get some snuggles.  You are a full fledged toddler and seem older every day.  You are always trying to keep up with your big brother.  

You are SO funny!  You make us laugh all the time.  You tilt your head and grin and I melt.  Your vocabulary is growing every day.  You say new words daily and other words get clearer.  You love to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Bubble Guppies and Sophia the First.  

You LOVE to play with cars and trucks!  You almost always have a car or truck in your hands.  You now have to go to bed with one just like your big brother.  

You love to read books and love when I sing to you at night!  After I put you to bed you repeatedly ask for hugs and kisses. 
We call you little stinker all the time.  You are smart and mischievous but super sweet.  You love to snuggle and give hugs and kisses.  

You are our sunshine and we love you so much.  I cannot imagine like without you.  I love you more than you will ever know.  

 Happy second birthday Colton Matthew!  We love you SOOOO much!  I can't wait to see the little boy and man you will become.  You will be amazing!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little guy.