Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Midweek Randoms

 I decided to link up with Megan over at In This Wonderful Life for Midweek Randoms today!

So thankful my dad took these pictures yesterday at swim lessons.  Have tried to take pics all week but get distracted putting on sunscreen and swim diapers.  

We are a little over halfway through swim lessons and Ryan has done amazing and really learning a lot but Colton cries 80 percent of the time.  Poor little dude just doesn't want to learn any water skills.  

I love that my boys are taking swim lessons this week but it puts a little damper on my morning workouts at the gym.  I usually do a 9:45 class at the gym at least 3 days a week so it's hard to workout every afternoon during the boys naps.  

I am not disciplined enough to get up early to do it.  My boys have been sleeping til at least 8am this week and so is this momma!

Speaking of naps Ryan is going on day 3 of no nap.  I have put him down every day at 1:30 and he plays in his bed til about 3-3:30 when I finally go in and get him.  He has been at this in between stage of 'can skip his nap' or 'take a nap but go to bed later'.  I was just thinking last week that I might take away his nap and use that time to spend one on one with him.  

Instead of being sad about his nap going away I want to look at it as this time I can spend one on one with him.  He is really good about playing by himself so if I need to workout, clean or make cookies I know he will be fine playing.  I do plan to still give him at least an hour of quiet time in his room in the afternoon to give myself some time and if he is tired he can nap.  

It's no secret that I want to move to Nashville.  We have lived in Cincinnati for a little over 7 years and I would love to move back down south.  I love the south and everything about it.  I grew up in the south and it's just what I'm used to.  I confident I wouldn't move back to Memphis where I was born and raised but would love to move to Nashville!

Matt has a full schedule this summer of classes and is scheduled to graduate next May.  He is working and studying so hard.  I'm beyond proud of him.  Our plan as of now is for him to graduate in May then study and take the CPA exam next summer then start working in the fall.  

We are praying and listening hard right now that God would reveal His will to us and open the doors if that is where he want us to be.  

And Ryan went down the big slide yesterday at swim lessons but it must have traumatized him because today he refused to even consider going down the slide.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

No comments: