Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Four

At 6:35 a.m. on June 15, 2009 the most wonderful and precious baby boy was born.  You came into this world after just seven hours of labor.  You entered this world this a loud cry but when they placed you on my chest and you stopped crying and we just gazed at each other.  I fell in love right there and knew you had stolen my heart.  

When you woke up on the day of your fourth birthday you jumped out of be and exclaimed "I'm four mommy, it's my birthday.  

Every single day with you is the greatest gift.  You have changed my heart and life in so many ways.  You allow me to see all the details and appreciate all the little things.  

Ryan, you are the sweetest little boy.  You are so tender-hearted and always concerned about other people.  

You notice everything and ask so many questions.  You want to know why every car is on the side of the road and you notice every construction equipment, firetruck, police car and ambulance on the road.  

Ryan, you are so smart and learning new things all the time.  You love to count and tell us your letters.  You love to do puzzles especially your state puzzle.  You love to learn and do new things.  You soak it all in.  I'm so excited to see how you blossom in the next year.  

You are so funny.  You say the funniest things all the time.  You keep us laughing that's for sure. 

You love your grandparents and we love watching you develop a relationship with all of them.  You love to play games with them and make memories.  It's such a joy to watch you with your grandparents that adore you.  

Colton looks up to you with so much admiration.  He is constantly watching you and tries to do everything you do.  I know he will learn both good and bad from you.  My prayer is that you always watch out for him.  I am so glad you have each other and I love watching your relationship grow.  

The two of you love to chase each other and wrestle.  You laugh all the time when your together and have to best time.  You fight like brothers, of course, but deep down you love each other.  The majority of the time you are so kind to Colton and I pray you always care for each other.  

You have started to develop friendships this year.  At night when I put you to bed you would tell me about your friends at school and who you played with.  You loved your teachers and enjoyed school every day.  


You are getting so big and growing so much every day.  You are still very strong-willed but you are getting more mature every day.  You still have meltdowns but they are rare and much less frequent as you have gotten closer to 4 years old.  

This is going to be a big year for you.  I want to hold you tight and enjoy every single day.  I love you more each day.  I adore you and pray that God blesses you abundantly this year as you learn more about Him.  And we pray we can be that example for you.  


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Beautiful post! The professional pictures are adorable.