Monday, June 10, 2013

Who Am I?

Over on Kelly's Korner today she is talking about what surprised you about motherhood.  I started thinking about that question.  There are so  many things that surprised be after I became a mom.  

I was surprised at how hard it would be to do simple tasks like make dinner or run to the store when I forgot an ingredient for dinner.  I was surprised at how little free time or me time I actually have.  Even though I love spending time with my kids, the time I spend alone is little. 

Being a wife and mom is a hard job!  It's easy to lose yourself and forget who you really are!  You get wrapped in your day to day responsibilities and you forget.  When you become a mom you quickly become everything to every one.  You are the care giver, cook, maid, referee, encourager, listener, problem solver, cleaner, taxi driver and the list goes on.  

I love the song by Matthew West titled "Hello, my name is"
The lyrics are:  Hello my name is Child of the One true King
I've been saved, I've been changed and I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing 

What love the Father has lavished on us
That we should be called his children
I am a child of the one true King.


(C Bear eating ice cream and watching me eat an ice cream cone)

It is so important to remember I am a child of God first and foremost.  That's my identity!  Everything else falls behind that.Not wife, not mom, not daughter, not friend but I belong to God.  When I take time and remember I am a child of God, all my other responsibilities in life get easier.  I have to work on keeping Him first and not my priorities.  It's definitely a work in progress.

No comments: