Thursday, September 13, 2012

Routine and Skillet Queso - Two of my loves

Day number two of preschool and I am loving it!  By the way I think Ryan is loving it too, haha!  I love being on a schedule and back into a routine.  

Yesterday Colton and I went to the gym after we dropped Ryan off.  I got done early so we just played and ate goldfish until big brother was done. 

Today I had a MOPS leadership meeting and it was just wonderful to get back with my girls and socialize and plan our fun year.  It's going to be a great year and I'm so excited. 

Well it's almost Friday and I am SOOOO pumped about some football, really just TENNESSEE football, this weekend.  I love, love, love Chili's Skillet Queso Dip and I was dreaming of it last week so I decided to whip some up using my friend Amber's copycat recipe.    It was so yummy!  I might have to make some more for this weekends games. 
   
(By the way Amber is an amazing cook.  She has a food blog and always posts her latest and greatest recipes.  She has three adorable kids and of course home schools them. ;)  You can check it out her blog at www.thismommycooks.blogspot.com.)


Chilis Queso Dip Recipe

Ingredients
16oz Velveeta cheese
1 (15oz) can Hormel no-bean chili
2 tsp paprika
1 T lime juice
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin

Directions:
Cut the velvet into cubes.  Combine the cheese with the remaining ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat.  Stir frequently until cheese melts then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.  Don't make it too far in advance because it tends to get thinker the longer it stays on the stove.

Serve with hot tortilla chips for dipping!  Enjoy!

No comments: