Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Details

So I thought I would follow up today with some details about us expecting baby Deepe #2!

First of all, I must say that this little baby was a surprise. I know, I know, you already have a child... you know how this works. Well, even though we got pregnant with Ryan quickly, we had planned to wait a few more months before trying for #2 but God had other plans. Funny how I'm such a type A person and want to have everything planned out but God laughs and changes those plans. I love that about God. It shows me I need to trust Him and that He is in complete control.

On October 25 I took an old expired test I had laying around thinking there is no way I'm pregnant. Sure enough it came up positive. I bought a new test at the store that night and took it the next morning. When it came up positive Matt and I just immediately smiled. We were shocked. We could not be more excited.

We told our families with the big brother shirt. I got the shirt a few days after we found out. I am due July 1. I'm just over 13 weeks right now. We went to the doctor last week and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time (163 bpm).

We are going to find out the sex this time around. We should find out around the first of February. Our families and friends are all rooting for a girl! Matt would love to have his daddy's girl. I would love to have a sweet little girl but would love to have a little brother for Ryan. We honestly don't care, we are just praying for a healthy baby.

I have been feeling great. My body reacts so well to pregnancy and I honestly don't even feel pregnant. No sickness, no nausea, no exhaustion and my clothes are still fitting well. I'm still working out 5 days a week and just trying to make healthy eating choices. I had a great pregnancy with Ryan so I'm praying for another good and smooth pregnancy this go around.


We are beyond excited and I really can't wait to find out what we are having. Now that I'm 13 weeks it's definitely feeling more real.

We are SO thankful for this baby and I am so happy to be able to share it.

2 comments:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

congrats again Summer! I'm glad you're feeling good. I had that feeling with the first two pregnancies, but whew the third, probably because it's a girl, just about killed me! BTW, where did you get the big brother tshirt?

Lori said...

What great news! I am catching up on my blog reading so I just saw this! I just found out I am expecting! Ours was a "yes I know how this happens but was not planning it too!" I am still very early like only 4 weeks but feeling good. Looking forward to reading about it over the next 9 months!