Friday, November 5, 2010

Terrible Two's?...Already?

We have had quit the day around here! This morning we had Ryan's Tumblebee class. He had a really fun time playing. Then we went to lunch with two of my girlfriends Ruth and Anissa and their kiddos Nicholas and Elizabeth. We went to a little pizza place and I hoped that since it was pretty early that Ryan would do well. Well, not so much! Ryan is usually really good but we have entered a new phase with him. He was awful. He refused to eat any food and only wanted to bang the silverware on the table and throw stuff on the floor. I've heard from friends that this stage is really hard and they aren't lying. I pray this "phase" doesn't last long.
We came home and I was sure Ryan would take a long nap. I was not excited when he only slept for two hours. After about 45 min I finally went to get him (he wasn't crying, just talking and a little whining). We started to play some but if I take something away he isn't supposed to have or remove him from the bathroom for the 1, 285 time, he throws an absolute fit. Crying, tears and all. So frustrating for this momma! I know he will grow out of it but I'm just wore out.
My prayer is that he will grow out of this phase very soon and that God will give me the extra strength and patience to deal with it. Ryan is such a sweet and loving boy. I love staying home with him and just love him so much. While we were playing in his room he grabbed a book and came over to sit in my lap to read to him. I love those precious moments. I'm praying we have a good weekend with lots of sweet precious moments!

No comments: