Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eventful couple of days

We have had an eventful last couple of days.

Yesterday Ryan and I were heading from the gym to our church to drop off shoeboxes for the operation shoebox drive. I was driving down a two lane road. A car, two cars in front of me, was turning left into an apartment complex. A toyota camry approached behind me but didn't see that we were stopped. I glanced up at my rear view mirror and before I could even finish the thought "wow that guy is going fast, I think he might run into us" he slammed into our car. I have no idea how fast he was going but he said he looked down and when he looked up he realized we were stopped and he didn't have time to stop. Subsequently I hit the car in front of me but it was more like a vendor bender.
(my car is the Lexus on the right side of the pic)

It was a rough and hard impact. Of course it scared the life out of me and my first concern was Ryan. As soon as it happened I jumped out of the car and ran around to get him. He was crying and confused but after a few minutes he calmed down. He seemed fine the rest of the day and no indication of anything wrong, praise the Lord. The impact was pretty hard and my neck is pretty sore today. I took Ryan to the pediatrician this morning just to be on the safe side and he checked out with a clean bill of health! Very thankful we are ok and no one was injured in the wreck. Praise the Lord!!!
.
The camry that hit me is completely totaled. My car was not drivable since the muffler was completely crumpled so it was towed to the collision repair place. We got a rental car but there is no telling how long my car will be in the shop. Funny how you can look at the pictures and think my car doesn't look that bad, especially compared to the camry, but I'm afraid there might be more damage we can't see. Lexus makes a very safe and well built car. I am soooo thankful that I drive a very, very safe car!!! Definitely makes me want to buy another Lexus!


Today we chilled at home most of the day except for the visit to the dr this morning. Ryan was good today and seems to have gotten his appetite back! We are packing up to head to see my family tomorrow! Cannot wait to see them!!!!


3 comments:

Uncle Matt said...

I am reminded of a bit from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". The Ruby Sue falls down a well and goes all cross-eyed then gets kicked by a mule and they go back straight. This of course would be Ryan rear ended by a car = gets appetite back.

Summer said...

OMG Summer I thank God you guys are O.K. and aren't hurt! WOW Lexus does make a great car! The Camry looks totaled and it totally looks like he was going pretty fast to have done that much damage! I hope your neck is ok and you don't have whiplash and I hope how soon they can repair your car!! So sorry that that happened to ya'll I know that must have scared you silly!

xoxo
Summer

Kelly M said...

Oh Summer! I'm so glad you're ok and that Ryan checked well also! I hope the rest of your week is less "eventful" and that you have a great Thanksgiving!