Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pajama Day

Today Ryan and I spent most of the day in our pajamas. Last night we woke up about 2:30 to Ryan crying very loudly. I immediately knew something was wrong. I went in his room and he was sitting up in his bed. I thought he might be having a bad dream but I soon realized there was something wet in his bed. He had gotten sick and thrown up. I immediately called for Matt's help and we got him cleaned up and got his sheets changed. He didn't have a fever and we gave him some water. We put him back to bed and he fell back asleep quickly. About 3:30 we woke up to him crying again. When I went to his room I noticed he had thrown up a small amount of water. We cleaned it up and we all went back to bed.

This morning I had planned to go to the gym since we didn't have anything else going on but I was worried Ryan would get sick so we just stayed home and chilled in our pj's. It was nice to just play and have fun at home.
Tonight I made this roast that Laurie talked about the other day. I love roast and potatoes but Matt isn't really a fan. Tonight, however he changed his mind. He said it was the best roast he's ever eaten. Not only did he have seconds but he had thirds!! ha!

I have to admit I wasn't sure if I would like this recipe because I HATE ranch dressing. I can't stand to be in the same room with it but I had to remember it's a mix. The roast turned out to be really good. The roast comes out soooo juicy and tender. Here's the recipe:

Get a tender chuck pot roast and play it in a crock pot on low.
Add one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix. Sprinkle it over the roast.
Add one packet of McCormick Aux jus gravy mix or you can use a brown gravy mix. Sprinkle that packet over the roast as well.
Then place a stick of butter on top of the roast.
Let the roast cook at least 8 hours and DO NOT ADD WATER!!!

I also made sister shubert rolls and they were amazing! Just melt in your mouth! Yummm!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Totally making this SOON! yum-o!