Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday and Favorite Apps

 It's been a quiet week around here.  Yesterday we went too a pool play date and it was SO fun.  I think we had about 12 moms and at least 30 plus kids.  It was crazy but so much fun.  We met at my friend Sarah's neighborhood pool.  We packed lunches and let the kids "picnic" on their towels.  It's been super rainy all week but thankfully there was a break and even a little sun while we were at the pool.  We got home and I let the dogs out and as soon as they came back in the skies opened up and it poured down rain!!!  Perfect for afternoon naps!

So Kelly is linking up with Your Favorite Apps today on SUYL.  I love my iphone, maybe a little too much, but it goes everywhere with me and like my right arm.  I'm always looking for good iphone apps.  Here are some of my favorites:

WWMobile and WWScanner - I subscribe to Weight Watchers online and have for the last 3 years or so.  I used it to lose the baby weight after Colton but after only losing 10 lbs five months after he was born I knew I needed to be more stick with my points and track EVERYTHING I ate. I love the WW app.  It's super easy to use and it keeps me accountable.  The best way I've found to use it is to track my daily points first thing in the morning planning out what I'm going to eat during the day.  That way when I go to the kitchen for a snack if it's not on my tracker than I know I can only have fruit or veggies.  

Instagram - Love instagram.  Love seeing pics of all my friends and their family while also sharing my own pictures. 

Etsy - You all know my obsession with buying the boys applique shirts on etsy.  This app makes is super fun and easy to shop.  

IExit for traveling - I found this App when we were on a road trip.  I wanted to know what other restaurants and food stops at each exit besides the ones listed on the billboard.  It's super easy and pinpoints right where you are then tells you what is at each exit.  Brilliant!

Realtor - I love looking at houses, from ones here locally to ones in others cities, hmm!  The App pulls up info and pictures quickly.  Love how it categorizes everything from house dimensions to schools. 

Nest - We got a Nest thermostat a few months ago and love it.  We can control the thermostat in the house by using our phones.  How cools is that? And if we are not home we can turn it off, from anywhere or turn it on before arriving home.  

Kids - My kids don't play on my phone very often but we pull it out if the kids are melting down at a restaurant or need a little distraction.  Here are some of my favorite kid Apps - Baby flash cards, Preschool Kindergarten, ABC Bible Verse, Animal Circus, Shape lite

No comments: