Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

 We had a nice relaxing weekend!  I can't even remember what we did on Friday night, seems forever ago.   I did make these awesome easy slow cooker french dip sandwiches!  I will have to post the recipe soon! They were SO good and easy!  I'm pretty sure we just chilled and relaxed the rest of the night.  

Saturday morning I took the girls to the vet for their yearly checkups.  It was pouring down rain.  We desperately needed the rain but it was not fun trying to wrangle two dogs in the pouring rain.  

I'm not sure what is harder - taking two dogs to the vet or two kids to the doctor, haha!  Well at least my kids don't poop on the lobby floor.  We walk in and I guess Annabelle was marking her turf or got excited but I was mortified. 


When I got home the girls still had on their leashes.  I went over to take my shoes off and Ryan tripped over a leash and fell to the ground head first.  He totally busted his top lip wide open.  

Blood was gushing and it was hard to see how bad it was.  It finally stopped bleeding after about 20 minutes and you could see the teeth marks where he bit his top lip when he landed.  Poor little boy just wanted to sit in momma's lap holding a wet towel on sad little lip.  

Thankfully it stopped bleeding and we didn't think he needed stitches.  


Sunday I worked in the nursery after the 10am service so Matt took the boys home and I did a little shopping in the afternoon.  I love shopping, and I love it even more when I can do it alone.  

It was a great weekend and I was glad for the rest and down time. 

1 comment:

kellimoss said...

Sweet, sweet boys! They are too cute :) And down time is glorious!!