Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pajama Day


I love Mondays because Ryan has mother's day out from 9-1 so I get some great quality time with Colton and I get some cleaning and other things done around the house. When we get home I put Ryan down for his nap then Colton follows shortly behind. Then I finally have a few minutes to myself to sit and relax.

I enjoy Tuesdays as well because it's the one day a week we don't have anything going on. I love not setting an alarm and knowing we don't have anywhere to be. Sometimes we meet a friend for lunch or playdate or we run errands. Today we stayed home in our pj's all day.
I'm convinced the person who created daylight savings time never had kids. I do enjoy it being light when we get up in the morning but I hate that it gets dark at like 5pm. Ryan hasn't missed a beat with DST but poor little Colton has had a time.

When I switched his schedule last week to eating every 4 hours I totally wasn't thinking about DST. Sunday he woke up at 5:30am instead of 7. I went ahead and fed him and adjusted his schedule back to eating every 3 hours. Monday he woke up at 6am and would not calm down and go back to sleep so I ended up feeding him at 6:30. Thankfully today he woke up at 7am.

I've been trying to do more crafts and interactive play with Ryan lately. We play with his little people farm and noah's ark alot. He also loves his blocks. I spent a ton of time looking for crafts for Ryan to do. It's hard to do crafts right now since Colton needs so much of my attention. I want to be more intentional about doing crafts and having interactive play with Ryan. I know as Colton gets older it will get easier!

I have been so blessed that Colton is a great napper and sleeper most days. Unfortunately today was not one of those days. As I mentioned above his schedule has been so out of sorts lately. I am grateful he sleeps as well as he does. Hope his system gets back to normal soon!

So today Ryan and I played with puzzles. He is so in to puzzles these days! We did our shapes, numbers, letters and of course animals.
How cute are these two handsome fellas tonight!

No comments: