Friday, May 2, 2014

Matt's Graduation

Wow, it's been a busy few weeks.  Matt and I returned this week from a four day little vacation to Naples, Florida.  It was marvelous and everything we dreamed of for a child free getaway dream vacation but before I tell you about that, I have to brag on my handsome hubby of whom I'm so proud.  

Last Friday Matt graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a Master in Accounting.  

I am so proud of him! He has worked so hard the last 16 months to get here.  This past semester he not only was in school full time but he also worked part time for a CPA.  He has worked and studied so hard and finished at the top of his class.  

My parents came up for the big celebration and of course the boys were excited to watch daddy graduate.

Ryan and Colton before the ceremony.  

They did exceptionally well considering they sat for a little over three hours during the two and a half hour ceremony.  I was prepared with lots of snacks and games on the iPad and leap pad.  And thanks to their grandparents who also kept them busy.  

Everyone waiting on the ceremony to start.

The ceremony was for masters and doctorate students.  Hooding the doctorates took the longest time.  I guess if I worked as hard as they have I would want my time to shine.  Once the Master's portion started it picked up a lot.  

Matt's receiving his diploma and shaking hands with UC President Santa Ono.  

We had a celebration dinner Friday night with our family.  We had a great time at dinner and enjoyed celebrating this hard-working-super-smart guy!

Thanks to our wonderful families for coming out and celebrating!  We love you all!  
Congrats Matt, we are all so proud of you!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Congratulations to your husband, what a great accomplishment!