Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snow Day

 
This morning we woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow covering the ground.  I think we got about five inches overnight.  It was the pretty powdery type snow that stuck to the trees and grass and easy to clean off the streets.  Just how I like it!

We got up and fixed a pancake breakfast then around 10am we bundled up the boys to go out and play in the snow!

I bought this blue sled weeks ago at Kroger.  Growing up in Memphis I've never owned a sled and I'm pretty sure I've never sled before...until today!  Of course Ryan was first up.  He LOVED it and laughed the whole time.  He kept asking to go again and again.  That smile says it all!

I sat on the sled and put Colton in my lap.  C bear loved it and had a blast!  He loved walking around in the snow and playing with the shovel.

Colton started getting cold so we headed inside while Matt and Ryan stayed outside to shovel the driveway.  We found this cute kid size shovel at the store the other day.  He was so excited and has been asking to shovel with daddy every time it snows.  Ryan loved helping daddy shovel.  

We all had so much fun sledding and playing in the snow!  Of course Matt had to sled too.  Ryan was so cute.  He would run down to the end of the driveway and say "are you ok??"  So funny and sweet he was concerned.  

 It was the best day and so many memories made!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Love your blog! Looks like it was an exceptionally fun day! I love a good snow! :)

Kate
http://seriouslykateblog.blogspot.com

Summer said...

Summer just like our names our day seemed the same lol! You have to read my A Sleigh Ride together with you post! We were so tickled to wake up to a blanket of pretty snow as well and we had so much fun in it! Kelcee has the blow up penguin sled like off Mr. Popper's penguins lol and girl that thing flies ha! I thought I would try to catch her at the bottom of my hill one time and welp I ended up catching her falling and landing on the penguins head lol it kinda sorta squashed it but it will be fine nothing air can't fix! Kelcee laughed so hard! How sweet Ryan asking if Matt was ok such sweet precious boys you have! When I first saw that last picture with Matt smiling I thought he was sitting there thinking that's it I am not shoveling anymore snow bwahahahah! Kelcee has a mini shovel too and she loves it!

Glad you all made a lifetime of memories, I know we sure did! Have you ever made snow ice cream? It isn't the best thing in the world but it is memory filled and Kelcee loves it ha!

xoxo