Monday, October 22, 2012

Down on the Farm

 
 We had a low key and quiet weekend.  Saturday was cold and cloudy outside.  We stayed home all day and chilled in our pjs.  I made pancakes for breakfast - the boys favorite.  In Ryan's words - we played cars, we played trains and watched football.  It was a great day and nice to relax at home.  

Sunday morning we went to church then came home for lunch and naps.  When the boys got up from their naps we headed to Shaw Farm in Milford.  Matt's sister Erin and her husband Brad came with us.  It was super crowded but the boys had a blast.  

I totally forgot my big camera at home.  So bummed I didn't get any good pics =( Ryan loved riding the train (barrel thing pulled by a tractor), the animals and of course pumpkins.  

We went to dinner with Erin and Brad to the Schoolhouse restaurant.  I should have taken a picture but I was too busy enjoying the awesome food.  The restaurant is an old, OLD schoolhouse that has been turned into a restaurant.  The menu is at the front of the room written on a chalkboard.  They are famous for their fried chicken and amazing sides of mashed potatoes, corn and green beans.  

I got the fried chicken and it was SO good.  It was some of the best fried chicken i've had in a long time.  The boys did so good and they cleaned their plates.  We even shared a slice of chocolate peanut butter pie for dessert.  

It was the perfect ending to a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Summer you are rocking the Orange color you look great! Where did you get that I want one lol! I was in your neck of the woods again, I was gonna see if you wanted to meet up, but we were so busy I didn't get a chance lol. Next time we are up there, we should plan a visit. Maybe you and the kiddos could meet us at the Great Wolf Water park how fun!

xoxo
Summer