Sunday, April 17, 2011

St. George Island, a Sneak Peak

Where have we been all week????

We have spent the last week on vacation at the beach on St. George Island Florida!!! It so wonderful and fun!!!!! We had the best time and enjoyed every minute!!!! I will be posting this week about our vacation but first here is a sneak peak of what is to come!

We went on vacation with two other families! There was a total of 6 adults and 4 kids. We rented a house right on the beach!
Here are the Tichy's. My best friend Rachel, her husband Eric and kids Alex and Ana. They live in Connecticut. Alex will turn 3 in May and Ana just turn one in February.

It's so neat that all three of us live all over the country but for one week we lived under one roof. Rachel is my best friend from high school. We meet each on the first day of 7th grade. Our lockers were right next to each other and we became fast friends. We have been best friends ever since and know each other so well. I can't believe that next year we will have known each other for 20 years!!!! Wow, that makes me feel really old, ha!

Here are our friends the Weavers! Katie, Adam and Lillian Grace reside in Central Florida. Lillian Grace is just two months younger than Ryan.

Katie and I met back in college. She was actually Rachel's roommate through college. Even though I went to a different college I got to know her through Rachel. Both these sweet girls were in my wedding! I'm so glad we have kept up over the years. And so glad I've gotten to know her family too!

The beautiful house we rented right on the beach. It was PERFECT and just gorgeous! We all have our own bedroom and two rooms for the kiddos. We stayed in the master suite since Ryan slept in our room!

Our view from the back porch. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Such an amazing view!

Another view from the house! It doesn't get much better than this!

St. George Island is about two hours east of Panama City Beach. We flew into Panama City and rented a car with the Tichy's. It worked out great that we only had to rent one car and could travel together!

The kids passed out about 20 minutes before we arrived at the house. They were exhausted from traveling all day!


I wish vacation could last longer than one week! It's just nice to get away and spend time with friends!

No comments: