Friday, April 1, 2011

Baby D #2's Nursery

I've been meaning to blog about the new baby's nursery for some time now! I have a picture in my head how I want it to look. I know it will turn out really beautiful. Our sweet baby boy will get mostly hand-me-downs from his big brother so I want him to have a few things that are just his! Ryan has a convertible crib so it will grow with him as he gets older. That means that we have to get a new crib and dresser for the new baby.

This is the new crib I have picked out. We still haven't ordered it yet but I'm hoping to get that done very soon!
Both boys cribs are made by the same company and they are both in the same collection. We will also get the dresser with a changing table on top. Below is a picture of Ryan's nursery. We are keeping the bookcase and glider in the nursery.

This is the bedding that I have fallen in love with! I haven't ordered yet because we haven't officially decided on a name! I think we have his name but I want to make absolute sure before I order anything with his name on it! I cannot wait to see this in his new room! I love how it just screams all boy!

We are going to leave the brown paint on the bottom of the room and paint over the green with light blue. I'm still working on window treatments. I want full drapes so I can close them and block out light but I'm not sure what colors or fabric I want. I might just do a chocolate brown.

I absolutely love these paintings by Stacey. They are so neat and fun! I might be able to decorate cookies and cakes but I could never do a painting like this! I want to order a scripture painting for both boys' rooms. I love this verse for Ryan's room!

So that's the baby's new nursery. There are still little details to find like a lamp, clothes hamper, and window treatments. I am really excited about it and can't wait to see it all come together.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Yay you posted about the new nursey! I was wondering what you would choose! BTW I just love your new blog look, it screams happy, fun cheery, well Summer LOL!! OK so the bedding is fabulous I am in love with the polka dots and stripes! So are you gonna move Ryan in another room and put the baby in that nursery? I was confused when you said you were gonna paint over that wall and that was Ryans nursery LOL....hahahah doesn't take much to confuse me! I just love those paintings! Would she make whatever background someone would like? I would love to get one for Kelcee's room in none other than hot pink and zebra hahahha!

I am so tickled you are gonna have another baby eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

xoxo
Sums

Stacey Anderson said...

Thanks for linking my blog! :) Yes, I can do any background or verse...just let me know! Stacey

Summer said...

Stacey, I will definitely be sending you an email with the boys' room decor as soon as we order the new bedding! Can't wait to see your creativity at work!!!!