Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter 2011

We had a wonderful Easter weekend! My parents and brother came up on Thursday night and spent the weekend with us. They went home this morning. I miss them lots so we love when they come visit. Ryan called my mom Nana for the first time this weekend! It was so sweet hearing him call her by name.

We all went to church Easter morning then to DeSha's for brunch. Matt's dad, step mom, sister and brother-in-law joined us for family brunch.

The Easter bunny came to see Ryan! He got lots of fun things this year. He got play-doh, sidewalk chalk, a cookie monster book, a tag junior book, bubbles and a bubble gun and of course a chocolate bunny.

Ryan checking out what the Easter bunny brought him!

Such a cutie eating his waffle before leaving for church!


Of course we were running late to church as usual so we didn't get to take pictures at home. We decided to take pictures at church after the service and so glad we did. Love the adorable pictures we got!

Ryan was too busy running around to sit in anyone's lap but I thought this picture of my brother and my dad turned out really cute!

My mom and I before church. This is my new favorite picture of us!
The color this year was definitely purple! I saw so many people wearing purple at church!

My handsome little man

LOVE this picture of Ryan and Matt! I think Ryan is looking more and more like Ryan every day! I do still see some of my features in him but I think he looks alot like his daddy!

Ryan with his Nana and Granddad!

This is the first year that Ryan was old enough to participate in Easter traditions. We didn't dye Easter eggs this year but I'm sure we will next year. So wild to think that I will have two boys running around next Easter!

After Ryan's afternoon nap we had an Easter egg hunt in the basement. The original plan was to do an egg hunt outside but it rained the entire weekend! Yuck!!! So ready for the rain to go away and to see some sunshine! At least it's not freezing outside!

Ryan caught on very quickly and loved finding the eggs. He opened every egg looking for some goodies inside! We will definitely have to do more egg hunts on rainy days! It was so fun watching him get so excited every time he would find one.

It was a wonderful Easter weekend filled with fun Easter traditions! I loved reading to Ryan about the Easter story and telling about how Jesus is alive and how He rose from the dead. I cherish the moments I can share with him about our savior and how much Jesus loves him!

No comments: