Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Love Story

In the fall of 2009 I was reading a blog that was asking for prayers for The Sullivan's. I clicked on the link to Brad Sullivan's blog and began to read his story about his wife Sara's incredible fight with breast cancer while pregnant with their daughter Chloe. Unfortunately Sara lost her battle with cancer very shortly after Chloe was born. I just bawled my eyes out as I read and thought about this man who would now raise their daughter as a single parent. I can't even imagine the pain and anguish he has gone through over the past two years.

I have kept up with his blog here and there since then. I clicked on his blog today to read that he has found love again. After grieving his wife, he received an email from a woman named Jenny who had lost her husband to cancer just a few years ago. Obviously they have alot in common and also share a love for the Lord. Over the past few months they have spent lots of time together and their relationship has continued to develop.

I was so excited to read that they are engaged to be married! I know that God has a BIG plan for all our lives but sometimes that's hard to see during the storms. I can't imagine the pain they have gone through but I can't help but praise God and say how awesome and faithful He is to bring these two together. May God bless them in their new marriage and lives together!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: