Saturday, September 12, 2009

Race for the Cure

This morning I was up bright and early to run/walk the Cincinnati Race for the Cure 5K! I was a little nervous about the race. Matt stayed home to watch Ryan so I had to drive myself to the race. I have never before run a 5K this large. I found a great parking spot and made my way to pick up my shirt and bib. Not sure on the official numbers but there was atleast 10,000 people there! It was so touching to see the breast cancer survivors walking with their husbands, family and friends! Made me teary eyed!

The race was great! I'm ready to do another one next month, ha! My goal time was 45 min. but I thought realistically it might be closer to 50 min. When I ran on the treadmill on Thursday my time was 43 min. My time today was 43.25. I was very happy and surprised! I achieved my goal! I was able to run alot of the race and really push myself!

And here is a pic of Ryan for the grandparents! We just can't get enough of this sweet baby! He's such a cutie pie! This is us before our date night at Rendezvous in Memphis!

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Wow! Congratulations Summer! That's really impressive!

Summer said...

Thanks so much Kelly!