Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Memphis trip

Ryan made his first trip to Memphis over labor day weekend. Our usual 7 hour drive took us about 8 hours. Not too bad with a 2 1/2 month old. We stopped three times. Two to feed Ryan, gas up and take the girls potty and one to change Ryan's poopy diaper. We were so excited to get away and spend some fun time with my parents and family.
We ate dinner at Firebirds. It was soooo yummy! We have figured out that in order to eat out we must go right after Ryan's feeding in the late afternoon (usually at 4). He was awesome at dinner. He was happy and actually took a little nap while we ate.

My brother loves playing with his favorite nephew. I can just see he is going to spoil him for years to come.

We were so excited to spend some time with my parents. They haven't seen Ryan since just after he was born. It was nice to have a little break and have help feeding Ryan. It can be frustrating b/c he spits up so much. We hope to see my parents more often now that they have one adorable grandson. Thanks Mom and Dad for all the help and for an awesome trip.

My dad holding Ryan.

My mom is making the funniest face in this picture. I think she was teaching Ryan to stick out his tongue. I guess he is a quick learner b/c I noticed today he is really sticking out his tongue alot. And not just a little sticking out but like licking-his-lips sticking it out. It's so cute. Is there anything this baby doesn't do that's not cute? Well, his spit up is not cute but we love him anyway. When I get frustrated with the reflux and spit up I just remind myself "it's only spit up, it's only spit up, it could be alot worse".

Four generations - Ryan, Me, my mom and my granny. She turned 90 years old last Sat. on Sept. 12. It was also my parents wedding anniversary. She does good for a 90 year old lady. She's so sweet and we just love getting to see her. So glad she was able to meet Ryan and give him some loving.

It was an awesome trip and we can't wait for our next trip to Memphis over Christmas.

2 comments:

Angela said...

The spit up thing CAN be totally frustrating. BOTH of my kids spit up a TON! It got so bad that I really didn't want anyone else holding them b/c I knew they would blow up all over them! BUT IT WILL GET BETTER! They started to get better around 9 and 10 months, but until then we just had a ton of bibs and burp rags!

Summer said...

I'm totally scared to let anyone hold him b/c of his spit up! Like you said, he can erupt at any moment. I give people a huge warning and a big burp rag. He has 'christened' all the grandparents except my dad, ha! I keep telling myself "this too shall pass". Thanks for the encouragement, I needed to hear it!