Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring is in the Air

The weather was gorgeous today! The sun was out and it was 70 degrees. Colton was still feeling bad today so he went down for his nap around noon. Ryan and I had lunch then went out in the backyard to play.
Ryan had THE best time playing outside. I'm so excited that spring is around the corner. I can't wait to spend more time outside in the warm sun.
My morning started out rough as Colton threw up again from coughing and drainage. I'm beyond frustrated and just want him to start feeling better! This afternoon was much better and we enjoyed taking a walk and getting some fresh air!

I finished a little project I was working on for the boys' bathroom. Their bathroom is in the pottery barn kids cars theme. It's super cute and perfect for boys. I'm going to put the frames above the towel rack on the left side of the picture.
First I found these "R" and "C" initial letters at Michaels for $1. Then I found these frames half off at my fav store, Hobby Lobby. They were $5 each. I also picked up some burlap at HL. Then you just need scissors and a staple gun.

First I stapled the letter to the burlap. Then I took the glass and cardboard out of the frame and stapled the burlap to the frame. I cut the burlap around the back of the frame. And there you have it - two cute frames for the boys' bathroom.
And just for fun...Ryan decided to jump in the picture with my finished project. He's so cute! He was saying "Cheeseburger"!!!

1 comment:

kimmie said...

I love those frames!!! Great job! I have never use a staple gun before!!

I hope Colton get to feeling better soon! Poor baby... and poor Mommy, I know you are ready for the sickness to be gone!