Monday, March 12, 2012

On the Mend

I'm sure all two of my readers are tired of hearing me complain about the sickness that has invaded our house over the last few weeks. I think it's safe to say that we are all on the mend!
(Ok and I totally don't have any pics of Ryan for this post. He was sick all weekend and at mdo today!)
Friday I started feeling bad. I had yucky drainage and sinus stuff. Saturday I still felt bad. I'm so thankful that Matt watched the boys so I could get some rest. It's been a long time since I took a nap while the boys napped. Sunday I felt better and today I feel back to normal.

Colton is finally on the mend. He was still throwing up over the weekend but hasn't thrown up since Saturday night, Praise the Lord. He still has a cough but he is keeping all his food down. I've been slowing adding back solids during the day. I'm glad the medicine has finally kicked in and I can tell he's feeling better. He was so smiley and happy today.

Ryan started having a cough and runny nose on Friday. Saturday he was really pitiful and really sick. He woke up with a 102 fever and I could tell he was just miserable. I knew he felt bad when he wouldn't eat his pancakes at breakfast. We laid around pretty much all day and didn't even leave the house. Sunday he started feeling better and his fever came down.

Last night I thought I would keep him home from school today but he didn't cough much over night and I could tell he felt much better when he got up this morning. I went ahead and took him to MDO. He loved seeing his friends and had a great day at school.

This week it's supposed to be in the 70's! Woohoo! So glad to have warmer weather and looking forward to taking the boys on walks and playing in the backyard.

No comments: