Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Great Day!

We have had such a great day! We had lunch then ran a few errands before coming home for naptime. Ryan only took a hour and a half nap so we had lots of play time this afternoon. He is so sweet, he loves walking around the furniture in the family room. He still holds on but tonight he stood all by himself for the first time for about 5 seconds. He is getting really close to walking!
Ryan was helping me pack this box up to send to "Aunt" Rachel. He's such a good helper!
Ryan has this talking dog but it's been down in the basement so he hasn't played with it much. He LOVES his stuffed animals right now and gives them "loves" (he holds them close and puts them up to his face). He picked up the dog to "love" on it and it started talking to him. He immediately put it down and gave it this funny look, ha!
While we were playing this afternoon I guess the dogs saw something or someone out the window and they started barking up a storm! They were going nuts! Ryan made his way over to the couch and started giving them an ear full! HA! He was "talking" and just telling them what for and beating on the couch. It was hilarious!!! He hears us yell at them when they bark alot so I guess he was just repeating us. It was so funny, I wish I had gotten it on video!
Another reason it was a great day was I made baked carrots for dinner (got the recipe from my friend Amber's recipe blog) and Ryan ATE THEM!!!! They tasted really good and similar to sweet potato fries. I was SO excited he ate them, I can't even begin to tell you. He didn't eat all I put on his plate but he ate a good bit of them! Oh that made me so proud!
And lastly, I love, love, love Chili's queso dip so tonight I made some. I got the recipe from Amber's recipe blog and it was AMAZING! It tasted exactly like the real thing! Oh my goodness, so good! Now if only I could make their chips, ha!

1 comment:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

I just noticed you linked to me in your post! Thanks Summer! I'm glad Ryan is enjoying my recipes too! =)