Friday, February 21, 2014

5 on Friday


It's been a little while since I've done 5 of Friday.  I just have random things to talk about today!  
 
We had a very welcomed sneak peak of Spring yesterday!  It was cloudy but 60 degrees.  It was the perfect day for a bike ride.  We all needed and enjoyed the fresh air.

I made these "practice" cookies this week.  I was testing out a new sugar cookie recipe plus working on my craft.  I used sweetsugarbelle's recipe with powder sugar instead of regular sugar and a few other small changes.  I'm searching for a cut out sugar cookie that doesn't spread.  I loved the taste of this recipe.  The cookies are so soft and chewy!  I just need to tweak it a little and it should be perfect. 

I've been looking at and debating for a long time if I should get a Kopykake projector to assist in my cookie decorating.  Last night I finally bit the bullet and ordered a kopykake projector!  I am super excited.  It will take about two weeks to get here but I cannot wait to use it.  It will make my cookies look even better and will be a time saver.  

I caught this sweet moment with Matt and Ryan tonight.  I love watching them together.  So thankful for a wonderful and loving husband. 

We have enjoyed watching the Winter Olympics the past few weeks. Matt is obsessed with all things olympics so he has it on constantly.  We've really enjoyed watching the ski jump, half pipe events, skating and bobsled.  We are bigger fans of the summer olympics but it's been fun to watch.  Now I'm just a little ready for my shows to be back on! 

No comments: