Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day in Our Life

I love to do "day in the life" posts so one day I can look back and see what our days were like when my kids were little.  I'm sure others might find these posts boring but I love reading other peoples "day in the life".  I thought I would post today what a typical day in our life looks like.  

This morning I got up around 7:20 and showered and got ready for the day.  I got the boys up around 8:10.  We got dressed and came downstairs for breakfast.  Matt went to the gym early so he was already gone.  

The boys played for a little bit while I got everything together to leave.  We left a little after 9 for preschool.  It was purple day at school so Ryan was excited to wear his sorta-blue-could-be-considered-purple shirt.  One of friends even brought in purple cupcakes and purple juice for snack.  

We dropped Ryan off and Colton and I headed to Target before Little Gym.  I needed to get a few things for their Easter baskets.  I feel like March is flying by.  Easter will be here soon so I didn't want it to sneak up on me.  

Colton loves Little Gym.  He always gets so excited when we drive up to the building.  He has the best time and plays so hard.  After LG we headed next store to Kroger.  Colton does really good in the store and loves to snack on the free samples.  He is so sweet.  I love getting to spend one on one time with him.  

We pick up Ryan at preschool at noon.  He is always excited to see us and tell me about his day.  The boys ate a great lunch while I unloaded and put away the groceries.  Colton loves blackberries just like his Nana.  

The boys went down for their nap a little after one and I finally sat down for the first time today.  I changed and went downstairs to run on the treadmill.  I usually run four miles on the treadmill during nap time on tuesday and thursdays.  After I finished my workout around 3 I finally ate lunch, showered,  did my quiet time and threw in some laundry.  

The boys got up around 4.  We hung out upstairs for a little bit while I went through the spring/summer wardrobe.  With the weather warming up I'm can't wait to put all the winter clothes away and bust out the spring clothes. 

We went downstairs to play and wait for daddy to get home.  Matt got home around 5:30.  I started dinner while Matt played with the boys.  We had grilled pork chops, green beans and mac n cheese for dinner.  Thankfully everyone ate well!

Matt helped me clean up the kitchen then we played and chilled with the boys.  They were busy building towers and car tracks all over the family room.  Matt took the boys up for baths around 7:20 and I started on some cookies I needed to make.  

I fell into bed tonight so tired but so full of joy with these boys and Matt who bring so much love and joy to my life.  

No comments: