Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ranch-Style Chicken

I think I'm going to make Wednesday's on the blog Recipe Wednesday and share some of my favorite recipes.  I am always searching for new good and easy recipes to make for my family.  

Now it's no secret that I am not a fan of cooking.  I LOVE to bake but I struggle with cooking. I'm not good at tasting something and knowing what it needs.  It's definitely a work in progress.  I'm getting better at cooking with a little help from The Pioneer Woman.  I have two of her cookbooks and love them.  Her cooking style is simple and scrumptious!  


I made her Ranch Style Chicken the other night and it was a huge hit.  Matt absolutely loved it!  The boys didn't really eat it but it was so good I can't wait to make it again.  

So here's the recipe

Ingredients:
6 bonelss, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dijon mustard
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1 pounds chick cut bacon, sliced in half and fried until chewy
2 cups grated mild or sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the honey, dijon, lemon juice, paprika, and salt. Stir to combine.
Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to coast. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 2 -4 hours.
When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the marinade and grill it over medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes per side.  Brush a little bacon grease on the chicken before placing it on the grill.  When a couple of minutes of grilling time are left, lay 2 pieces of bacon on each chicken breast. Top with some grated cheddar cheese and allow to belt on the grill.

Serve with some potatoes or put on a bun to enjoy as a sandwich.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm pretty sure I hate to cook more....have all the ingredients to make tomorrow night :)

Summer said...

Your so funny Betsy! It's seriously SO good and easy! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Angela said...

This is a great idea! Always love new recipes! Thanks Summer!