I don't have any new pics of the boys today. The last few days we've been getting back into our routine of preschool, the gym and all that stuff. Today we had a fun lunch at CFA after school with some good friends.
For dinner tonight I'm making skilled baked ziti. I don't remember if I've posted the recipe here before but I must share because it is super easy and SOooooo good. It has become one of my favorite meals.
Skillet Baked Ziti
by The Girl Who Ate EverythingIngredients:
6 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
3 cups water
12 oz ziti pasta (3 3/4cups)
4 oz (1/2 cup) whole-milk ricotta
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt in 12-inch ovensage nonstick skillet and sauté over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, water, ziti and 1/2 tsp salt.
4. Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as needed to maintain vigorous simmer, until ziti is almost tender, 15-18 minutes. Make sure you don't cook it too much. It will continue to cook in the oven.
5. Meanwhile, combine ricotta, remaining 1 tsp oil, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
6. Stir in cream, Parmesant, and basil into the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. As this point if your skillet is not oven safe, transfer the pasta mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole dish before sprinkling with the ricotta and cheese and baking.
8. Add dollops of the ricotta mixture with a spoon and sprinkle with mozzarella evenly over ziti.
9. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until cheese has melted and browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of basil. Serve and ENJOY!!!