Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Fun

This morning started out normal by getting ready to go to the gym and getting the boys up and ready for school.    We headed out the door on time but as I was pulling out of the garage the check tire pressure light came on and I remembered yesterday it was reading a little low and I had forgotten to mention it to Matt last night.  

I stopped and jumped out and sure enough the tire was completely flat! Oh fun!  Well since I'm not the changing tire type I unbuckled the boys and came inside to call Matt.  

I told Ryan we wouldn't be going to school today and he was so bummed.  He said he was going to miss his friends and sad to miss show and tell!  I felt so bad but what can you do.  So we made the best of it!
I busted out the gingerbread house kit that's been packed up in the closet for two years waiting for a snow day!  I thought today would be a great day to do it.  

The boys loved decorating it.  They thought it was so fun!

The hardest part was keeping Colton from eating all the candy!  Every time I looked up he was trying to sneak another piece.  Little stinker.  

And here's the finished product.  Beautiful!  I let them each decorate one side of the roof!  Ryan's was the right side and Colton's the left side.  It was fun times. 

After the gingerbread house we watched the movie Planes!  The boys got it for Christmas and enjoyed watching it again.  All in all it was a good day.  I'm glad it happened on today when I didn't have anything big planned. And of course Matt is scheduled to take my car in tomorrow morning for an oil change - just one day late!  

No comments: