Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cookies!!!

 
People ask me all the time about the recipe I use for my cut out sugar cookies.  I thought since many people like to make sugar cookies at Christmas, today would be a great day to share.  Who doesn't love decorating sugar cookies with the kiddos.  

I found a cut out sugar cookie recipe at bakeat350.blostspot.com when I first started and I have used it ever sense.  I have tried a couple other recipes but Bridget's recipe is tried and true.  Don't mess with what works right!  
Here is the recipe!

 Vanilla Almond Sugar Cookie
3 Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 Cup Sugar
2 Sticks of Butter (salted) cold and cut into chunks
1 egg
3/4 tsp pur vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
Combine flour and baking powder, set aside.  Cream sugar and butter.  Add the eggs and extracts and mix.  Gradually add the flour to the mixture and beat just until combined, scraping down the bowl, especially the bottom.  Beat until it's one solid mass.  

Roll on a floured surface about 1/4" to 3/8" thick, and cut into shapes.  Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Let sit for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. 

Some recent cookies I made for my friend Kelli.  Her son Ledger requested a "red" themed party complete with red power ranger, red ninja turtle and red angry bird.  So cute!  Loved doing these!  My friend Kelli has started doing cookies herself and she has some serious talent.  I love talking cookies with her!  It's totally addicting and fun!

No comments: