Monday, July 20, 2009

Playtime

Ryan is becoming more alert each day! He enjoys his toys more and actually reaches out to bat at them! He's starting to really put on some weight and started taking 5 oz at each feeding beginning last week!
We went to his one month doctors appointment last Thursday! He is doing great and growing well! He now weighs 8lbs 12oz (25th percentile) and 22 inches long (75th percentile). The doctor was very pleased with his growth. We did have some questions though about his fussiness, he seems to have it a lot, more so than most babies. And his spitting up. He's been spitting up ALOT! I know all babies spit up but he seems to spit up or projectile vomit quite a bit. Along with some other symptoms the doctor said it could possibly be one of two things, either acid reflux or an allergy to the formula. He said it sounded more like acid reflux and gave us some samples of prevacid to try. We started that night and he seems to be doing better. I hate giving his medicine but the good news is the doctor said most babies outgrow acid reflux by 6 months!
He's just such a sweet baby, even when he's throwing up on me and him at 3 in the morning, ha! We absolutely love having him apart of our family and spending all our time with him!
My workouts have been going well. I ran 3 days last week and took Ryan on a walk almost every day! I ran 1 mile 1 day and 1.5 miles the other 2 days! I'm so motivated to get this baby weight off but I sure wish it would hurry up and move faster! Last week was my first time shopping for real clothes, not maternity clothes, in over 9 months. Oh how I have missed that! Now I can't wait til I'm in my goal size!

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Great job on the running Summer! I'm sure you'll have more energy, which has to be a good thing, right? :-)