Monday, July 13, 2009

Back in the saddle


I'm officially back in the saddle again! Saturday I went to the gym for the first time in almost 2 months! I purchased my new running shoes last week and tried them out this weekend!
The whole time I was pregnant I kept saying I was going to start running to lose my baby weight! I've signed up to run the Race for the Cure 5K in September and my goal is to run the whole thing! Saturday I started on that journey! I started out just running to see how far I could run and then I set the goal to hit one mile! And I did it! I was so proud of myself! I'm off to a great start! Planning to hit the gym again tonight when Matt gets home from work! I forgot how exhilarating running can be!

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Wow Summer, you're a goal setter! I know you can do it! Keep us posted on your progress

Caroline said...

I am so impressed that you have started this so soon. I know you'll make it and you'll look smoking hot! Keep up the great work, hot momma!!!