Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries

The other night I tried a new side dish!  I've heard that sweet potato fries are very yummy and nutritious so I thought I would make some!  Well, the rumors are true, they are soooooo yummy!  I like sweet potatoes but I don't eat them very often but I loved these!!!  And Matt loved them too!  This will definitely be something we will make more often!   

Here's the recipe:

1 -1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.  

Peal sweet potatoes.  Cut into strips about 1/2 inch wide on each side.

Place the sweet potatoes into a sealed ziploc bag.  Add oil, salt, paprika, cinnamon.  Seal the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the fries.  Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.  

Cook for 30 minutes.  Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and serve warm.

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Summer! This sounds delicious! And did you get a new camera, that's a beautiful photo!

Summer said...

I wish, I stole the pic from a site online! I forgot to take any pics when I made them!