Thursday, May 28, 2009

37 weeks...full term

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today!  I had my 36 week check-up on Tuesday and my blood pressure was high when the nurse checked it.  It was 140/100.  She then had me lay on my side and take it again.  It was much better that time and it was 140/80.  My doctor was a little concerned and asked me to come back in on Thursday to have it rechecked.  I've had some swelling but the good news was that there was no protein in my urine.  She put me on best rest until I came back in!  The best news I got was that I'm 1 cm dilated!  WOOHOO!!! I was so excited!  I think it's a great start and hoping and praying I will progress quickly!  

So I had my appointment this morning to get my bp checked again and it was 140/86.  Good but still a little high.  The nurse had me lay on my side and check it again after a few minutes.  It came all the way down to 124/76!  Yay!  She then had me do a urine sample she found a little bit of protein in my urine so she was going to have the doctor come talk to me!  My doctor was out of the office today so I saw a different doc.  This is were Matt cracked me up!  He got so excited and thought we were for sure having a baby today! ha!  I kept laughing at him and told him we can't jump to conclusions!  We are ready at home but I have not packed my bags yet!  Definitely will be getting on that pronto!!!  

Well the doctor said she was not concerned about my pb or the little protein in my urine but wants to be cautious.  So I have to collect my urine for the next 24 hours and then have some blood work.  Very glad she didn't put me on best rest but I will definitely be taking it easy!  I am so excited to meet this baby.  It's hard to believe I am full term today and could literally go any day now!  I'm praying he/she decides to come early but would like one more week!  

We took a 36 week picture on Sunday but I can't seem to find it on the camera!  I'll post it when I find it, ha!  Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare physically and mentally for the arrival of baby Deepe!  Pray I continue to get lots of sleep (too bad I can't stock pile it, ha) and feeling good!  

No comments: