Saturday, March 28, 2015

Sydney's Birthday

A planned induction is a funny thing.  It was so wild knowing Thursday that it was the last day of my pregnancy and we would be welcoming a sweet daughter on Friday.


We got up bright and early Friday morning and headed to the hospital at 5AM!  Such a great feeling not stressing or rushing around to make it to the hospital because you were in labor.  We checked in and made it to our room by 6:00.  They started my IV and got my pitocin going.  I was only 2cm when we checked in and she was still pretty high.


By 8am my contractions had picked up but they had not broken my water or gotten the epidural.  There was a scheduled c-section at 8:30 so my doctor came around 9:30 to break my water.  I got my epidural around 10 and got some pain relief.  At 11:00 my nurse checked me and I was about 3cm and half way thinned out.  I was a little discouraged and thought it was going to be a lot longer.


I sent Matt downstairs to get some lunch around 12:30!  My nurse came in during that time and checked me.  I was fully dilated and ready to start pushing.  She started getting the room ready and told the doctor "don't go far".  Matt came back and was shocked when I told him it was time, ha!


The doctor came in around 11:00 and it was go time.  I pushed about four times and then Sydney Deborah entered our world and captured our hearts.  It was so surreal that she was actually here and healthy and perfect!



We are over the moon in love with her!  She has quickly wrapped us around her little finger!  She is so sweet and such a precious little bundle of joy!  We could not be more thrilled and overwhelmed with God's amazing blessing.


1 comment:

Chelley N said...

She's gorgeous and you are beaming in these photos!