Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

 We traveled to Memphis for the Thanksgiving holiday last week!  It's hard to believe that we have not been to Memphis in over a year.  With Matt finishing school in the Spring, studying for the CPA this summer and moving to Nashville we just didn't make it to M-town.  My parents are both retired so they can come see us more easily than all four of us travel to them.  We are SO thankful they are willing and come see us.  We all hope that since we are a short trip away that we will get to see each other more often.

We left Wedenesday night after Matt got home from work.  It was kinda drizzly and dark and tons of traffic on the road but we were looking forward to the three NOT SEVEN hour drive.  We only had a few small traffic backups but we still made it in three hours.  Whew!  That was so much more bearable than seven, let me tell you!

Thursday morning Matt and my brother Matt got up early to do the 4-miler Memphis Turkey Trot.  I've been doing this race for many, many years so I thought it would only be fitting to do it again this year.  The only difference was this year I walked instead of ran.  My running shoes are put up until after baby girl is born.

We enjoyed spending time with my family on Thursday afternoon.  

I was so excited my mom and I got to do a little shopping for baby girl Sydney on Friday.  We didn't buy anything but it was still fun to go shopping together and have lunch out.  

We enjoyed some relaxing time at my parents house on Friday and Saturday.  

And of course we got to visit our favorite restaurants while in town.  Matt and I went to Rendezvous on a date night Friday night (the site of our first date).  We also went to Huey's and Corky's BBQ.  

We left Saturday morning to head back home.  It was so nice to only have a three hour drive verses EIGHT!!!  The boys passed out about an hour from home.  What a great Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for my sweet family and so many blessings!  

No comments: