Wow, has it really been almost two weeks since I last blogged? Well I have been super busy the past few weeks. Nothing earth shattering, just the typical mom-of-a-preschooler, cookie-maker and chief-operating-officer of the Deepe house!
1. So for starters this is what I've been up to lately. Since the Holiday Marketplace show a few weeks ago I have been super busy with cookie orders! Yay!!! This week alone I made over 250 cookies. I have enjoyed making some new Christmas designs. I love this Santa face and this is my new favorite Christmas tree design.
2. Last Friday night was Matt's work Christmas party. It was a fabulous Christmas party. For starters we got to dress up, which I hate we don't do more often. It's always fun to get fancied up and go out as real grown-ups. The party was at a country club in Nashville and it was beautifully decorated. And then there was the food, it was amazing! They had everything from prime rib to shrimp to three different types of pastas. Then there was a chocolate fondue fountain complete with strawberries, marshmallows, pretzel sticks, pineapple and shortbread cookies. It was such a fun night and I'm so glad to meet some of his co-workers.
3. Last Saturday we took the boys to A Dickens of a Christmas in downtown Franklin. It was a little chilly and crowded but it was still fun. We enjoyed walking around sipping on hot chocolate.
Sunday we decided to take the boys to The Opryland Hotel. Matt and I have both been before, just not together, and I knew the boys would love walking around and seeing all the lights. We went Sunday after naps. The boys loved it and we had a wonderful time. Definitely made some fun memories and hopefully started a new tradition we will continue each year. We even saw Santa while we were there. We didn't plan that but there was no line so we went for it. The boys did great and we got a great picture.
4. The boys had their Happy Birthday Jesus parties and Christmas programs at school this week. I loved getting to go to both of their parties.
Colton's program was Tuesday night. He was a bumblebee and the cutest one i've ever seen. We were both proud and surprised when they started singing and Colton was singing over everyone else. I was laughing so hard I was crying. That boy cracks us up all the time. He is such a little ham and clearly a performer.
Ryan's program was on Wednesday night. He was an angel and did awesome. He rocked the mighty angel warrior. We are so proud of him and how much he has already grown this year. The picture is with his buddies McCabe and Anna.
5. I love the boys in matching pajamas and Christmas jammies are just the cherry on top. They watched the Polar Express for the first time this week and you could say they are pretty obsessed. What boy doesn't love a movie about trains and Santa Claus.