Monday, November 17, 2014

Five on Monday

So I had every intention of doing Five on Friday but the day just got away from me and by the time I sat down on Friday night I was exhausted!  So today I'm gonna do a Five on Monday!


1.  Turning the big 3-5
My birthday was on Thursday and I turned 35.  It was a great day.  The boys had school so Matt took me to lunch!  It was great spending time with my honey.  I enjoyed all the sweet phone calls, text and Facebook messages from such sweet friends wishing me a happy birthday.  

I ordered a birthday cake from Puffy Muffin.  I have heard they have the most amazing cakes in Nashville!  I just got a small cake since it was just for me and my people.  I just told them to do a white cake with fall colored flowers.  I was stunned when I saw the cake.  I think it's the most beautiful cake I've ever had.  My only regret is I didn't order a bigger cake, ha!  It was as delicious as it looks!


2.  Go Fish
 Last week I took the boys shopping for our operation shoeboxes.  It's one of my favorite things to do with the boys this time of year.  We discussed how this shoebox was going to a little boy and a little girl who doesn't have a lot of toys and that this shoebox may be the only thing he/she will get for Christmas.  The boys had a great time picking out things for their shoebox.

While we were at Wal-Mart I picked up a Go Fish card game for Ryan.  He loves games and I thought he would love it.  Well I was right and he is completely obsessed with the game.  He begs to play all the time.  I've enjoyed playing with him in the afternoon while Colton naps.  Best $2 i've spent in a while.  


3.  Baby it's cold outside!
It has gotten super cold here so we busted out the flannel pajamas.  (Thankfully no snow like the 5 inches Cincinnati got overnight!)  The boys look adorable in matching pajamas.  


4.  Birthday Dinner
To celebrate my birthday we took the boys to dinner Saturday night.  We went to The Pharmacy in East Nashville.  I have heard they have the best burger in town and a pretty trendy place here in Nashville.  It was really yummy and the best part was the chocolate milkshakes after our meal.  As you can see the boys agreed!


5.  It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.
And this happened when we got home after dinner.  Our previous Christmas tree decided to bite the dust last year when over half the lights burned out so we got a new tree this year.  I am VERY happy with our new tree and cannot wait to decorate the rest of it.  It looks so beautiful!  Ryan has asked every day when are we going to put the ornaments on.  


So that was the end of our week and our weekend!  
 

No comments: