Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Painting the baby's room!


Last week Matt was on vacation so we decided to take advantage of the time and paint the baby's room and shop for baby furniture!  We aren't finding out the gender until d-day!  I like the surprise and anticipation of finding out what the baby is when either Matt or the doc announce...it's a...!  

We have already picked out and purchased the bedding!  I found it online and fell in love with it!  I noticed the accessories that go with the bedding were hard to find so I panicked that the style was discontinued so we went ahead and ordered it!  I will post pics later of it!  It's called Down Under by Baby Martex!  It has green, yellow, orange, red and brown in it!  It has the cutest koala bears, kangaroos and alligators on it!  It's adorable and very gender neutral!   

Here are some before and after pics of the painting!  We started out with one tan color and it was too "peachy" so we went back and got a darker tan/brown color!  Thankfully they were able to take the remaining gallon of tan and just add more color to it to get the color we wanted!  See below:
Not the color I was hoping for!


Before
Best Christmas present!  
The awesome books Aunt Teresa got us for the baby!  
I was floored when we opened the big box filled with children's books!  She's the best!
More presents for the baby: towels, onesies, and socks!
Final Product

I was very pleased the way the colors turned out!  

I am getting frustrated with blogger uploading pics in the wrong order!  
Anyone know how to fix this?

3 comments:

Eric and Katherine Brown said...

Love the room....glad you had a good Christmas with your family!

Leslie Robus said...

I love the colors they look great together...can't wait to see the rest!!!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

I've been without internet for a while and behind on my blog visits! I LOVE the room! So cute. I still can't believe you guys aren't going to find out the sex of the baby!! :) Good for you. I'm too impatient. Love the room!

Leah