Friday, December 19, 2008

14 weeks!

Well I am officially 14 weeks!  It's so hard to believe I am in my second trimester!  I am continuing to do really well and slowly getting my energy and appetite back!  Last night we had pork chops and mac 'n cheese for dinner and it was really, really good!  I was surprised how much I enjoyed it!  I keep telling Matt I didn't have much of an appetite around dinner time!  I'm glad that is changing!  I'm still wearing my regular clothes but I'm afraid maternity clothes are in the near future!  I did buy one pair of maternity corduroy pants to wear to church!  My church pants are no longer comfortable!  

This week the baby is 3 1/2 - 4 inches long and weighs about 1 ounce.  The baby can now squint, frown, grimace and even suck its' thumb!  Its' kidneys are now producing urine!  The hands and feet are much more active now even though I can't feel any movement yet!  It's so amazing to read week by week how the baby is developing!  I can't wait to feel movement!  I think it will become more real when I feel those first kicks!  

I'm looking forward to Christmas next week!  Matt is off Wed. through the new year!  I'm excited to have him home and hopefully get some things done on our "list".  We are hoping to paint the baby's room and get our basement ready to start remodeling in January!  I'm also looking forward to seeing my family next week! Yay!  

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Oh Summer, I'm so excited for you! I love the photos...thanks for the explaination. :-)