Thursday, June 26, 2008

Grill out and more cakes!

Sunday we had a grill out/game night at our house with our small group from church.  We had a great time!  Lots of great grilling food and good times!  The Wii was a big hit!  The guys spent most of the night outside playing cornhole!  Sorry, no pics from cornhole!  
Mike & Laura boxing on the Wii
Sarah and Travis boxing it out!

We had our 4th cake decorating class on Monday night.  We learned drop flowers, clowns, faces, fruit and more of the wilton rose!  Here are some of my favorites from class!  I was amazed at how easy it was to make the clown.  I like the flowers, they are fun to make!  We have our last class this coming Monday night however Matt and I will be in Las Vegas on vacation so I will have to make it up later!    


I took cupcakes to class on Monday night so I just made a regular 9 in. round cake with the rest of the cake batter.  I decided I would decorate it and take it to work this week!  The flower design was in our book and I loved it.  It was supposed to have a border on the bottom but I forgot to do it, oops!  This is officially my 2nd decorated cake!  



4 comments:

Kelly M said...

Cornhole? What is that? I feel like the only comments I make on your blog are to ask you about exotic things you do that I haven't heard of before... :-) Hope you're well!

Kelly M said...

By the way, LOVE the cakes and I'm super impressed with your decorating ability!

Kelly M said...

just so you know, I am patiently waiting for photos from your vacation. Patiently. Waiting. :-)

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

Time for some Vegas pics!