Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Discovering Cake Decorating

Last night I embarked on my next adventure...taking cake decorating classes!  My friend Sally and I are taking the 4 week class from our local Michael's craft store!  Thanks to our friend Kristin for telling me about it and being excited about the class herself!  After purchasing my starter kit I was amazed at all the tantalizing gadgets and gizmos one can buy these days to make beautiful and fun cakes.  I am so excited!!!  

Last night we learned how to prepare and fill our icing bags, leveling your cake, and how to ice your cake.  Our instructor went over all the trinkets in our starter kit and explained step by step the beginnings of cake decorating.  


I hope to post many pics of my fun cakes in the next few weeks!  Who knows?  Maybe I will be decorating cakes in the future for birthdays and celebrations on the side!  How fun!!!  

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Wow! Fancy! I can't wait to see the photos!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wanna come!