Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Few Firsts and a Check Up


I can hardly believe that our sweet Sydney is already three weeks old.  The days seem to go by so fast and before I know it it's bedtime.  Going from 2 to 3 has been good, a little wild and crazy but it's been good.  I'm getting into a routine and figuring out our new normal day by day.  

Sydney is doing really well!  She is drinking a 3.5 oz bottle every three hours during the day.  She wakes up once during the night usually between 2-3am then I wake her at 6:30am to start our day.  She is such a good baby.  She is so sweet and so precious to us.  

She is sleeping in our room mostly in her rock 'n play but I started this week putting her in her crib in her room for at least one nap a day.  She has done awesome and takes great naps in there.  

I will add that I'm spending more time holding her during naps and enjoy feeding her.  I won't say I love waking up in the middle of the night to feed her but I definitely treasure those sweet noises and coos that she's starting to make.  Even the noises she makes when taking her bottle I just love and cherish.  This newborn time is so short and I know that she's our last baby.  

Sydney had her two week well check up on Tuesday.  She weighed in at 8 lbs 6oz and is 20.5 inches tall.  She is in the 51st percentile for height and 46th percentile in weight.  Her head measurement is in the 30th percentile.  She is perfect and growing so well.  The doctor was pleased to see how well she is doing.  

Her umbilical cord fell off on Monday so she got her first bath on Wednesday.  She only cried initially and once she felt the warm water she loved it and began to relax.  

She enjoyed looking around and just curious about her surroundings.  She loves to wrap up in the towel and get dried off.  

She s growing so fast already.  I'm trying to treasure all these moments and just enjoy this sweet sweet time with my girl. 

No comments: